Summer camping is the most adventurous time and better way to enjoy the beautiful weather with family. Whether you are taking RV or tent camping there are many better ways to enjoy your camping. Summer is a season we love getting muddy and walk around all day to explore outdoors, sitting and relaxing in evening by fire, eating tasty dinner and marshmallows. Indeed, we all love outdoor gathering staring at the open sky and swapping stories with family is always a breathtaking. Still, it can be more interesting with cooking delicious campfire recipes. Perhaps, you might have felt it troubled but for your ease I have listed 15 easy and super delicious recipes that save your time at camping. So, make a list and pack all the items of your favorite recipes before you go ahead.
15 Easy & Super Delicious Recipes For Camping
1. Campfire Strawberries
You will love this delicious recipe, very easy and budget friendly. These strawberries are having delicious taste, you will love them dipped in melt marshmallow fluff. They are healthy and nutritious and when toasted with marshmallow you will get different flavor. You can make it as a side dish for dinner too.
- 24 Strawberries
- 1 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Pierce all the strawberries with skewers now set them aside.
- Put marshmallow fluff in bowl and melt in on campfire.
- Now dip all strawberries in the marshmallow fluff cream put them in cooler for few minutes and serve them chill.
2. Three Cheese Potato
You will love its bacon and cheese flair, you can make it for breakfast. Besides, you can add this as side dish for BBQ dinner party. You can enjoy it in every season. Get all things, dice and assemble them and cook beside campfire, serve it hot and fresh.
- 3 Large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 Teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Take a few layer of aluminum foil, assemble all ingredient.
- Fold it tightly and keep it beside campfire for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve it hot!
3. Omelet in a Bag
Perfect for breakfast, very easy and time saving dish for any kind of outdoor adventures. This one is great for lazy peoples. Serve it for your kids as this is very tasty and healthy you can serve it with cake and coffee.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices ham, chopped
- 1/2 Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tomato
- 1 Tablespoon chunky salsa
- 2 Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Take a bag, add eggs and mix.
- Add all ingredients and shake the bag well.
- Set the fire and put the pan over fire, add water.
- Now let the water boil.
- Cook it for 5 or 6 minutes, then remove the bag carefully, Serve it!
4. Camping Breakfast Tacos
This is very easy and instant recipe anyone can make it. The perfect recipe for backpackers. I am sure you will like it too. Also, you can make it for evening snacks at your camping.
- 1 Tortilla
- 1 Sliced tomato
- 2 Tablespoons Hummus
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- Sliced turkey
- Sliced Onion
- 1 Lettuce leave
- Wash your hands and veggies, now slice one tomato and cucumber and put them at side.
- Cut 1/2 onion and slice it.
- Take a tortilla put it on plate spread hummus and mayonnaise, add vegies and few slice of turkey finally put a lettuce leave and wrap it like a role and serve it.
5. Camping Sandwich
This camping sandwich has a perfect taste, will boost your mood at camping. Very satisfying dish for any outdoor adventure.
- 2 Sliced bread
- 2 Tablespoons Pasto
- Butter for spread
- Mozzarella cheese
- Deli cheese
- Start your dish with spreading some butter on both loafs of bread.
- Now heat the pan and spread pesto on other sides of both bread, add both kind of cheese and now put bread over the cheese and cook on low and slow flame.
- Flip the sides till the cheese melts and dish it out.
6. Bacon Sandwich
Easy dish for breakfast it gives rich taste when you add bacon and eat it with mayonnaise. Or make it for evening snacks or for lunch, it is very satisfying and healthy appetizer for summer camping.
- Precooked bacon
- Sliced tomato
- Mayonnaise spread
- For camping actually you won’t get time for cooking, so cook whatever you can at home and preserve it in bag.
- Precook the bacon at home and keep it in bag.
- Slice the tomato and spread some mayonnaise over the both slice of bread.
- Now add pre washed lettuce, tomato and some bacon on it and make it like a burger.
- Finally Serve it.
7. Pie Iron Tacos
The mouthwatering dish is very simple easy delicious. All it need is vegies bean, cheese and a pie iron to make your camping memorable. It is healthy as beans are good for your heart also it boosts the mood just prepare it, keep it beside campfire and enjoy.
- Pie irons
- Diced onion
- Canned black bean
- Taco seasoning
- Olive oil
- Diced tomato
- Dice the onion and tomato, set them at side.
- Take a pan add bleak beans and taco seasoning stir it continuously and then roast it until it is cooked completely.
- Now take another pan and add olive oil also spread some butter on pie iron.
- Scramble the eggs in the pan and set it on side, now put one tortilla on pie iron, add cheese, onion, cooked beans and egg, put another tortilla over it.
- Now seal the pie iron. Cut the extra tortilla and hold it over fire and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the burning sides and serve it.
8. Campfire Pizza
What can be so good more than a pizza at camping? But don’t worry it is so easy you can make it without any hassle. I am sure you will enjoy it.
- 500g strong white flour
- 7g Easy bake yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoon salt
- 300 ml warm water
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Sliced garlic
- Red tomato sauce
- For dough add the dry ingredients, mix it in a bag now add water in the bag, oil and mix till the dough is ready then knead it on the tray and set it on the side for some time.
- The pizza will be double in size when you keep it for 20 minutes.
- Now set a campfire put the pot over it, add garlic and stir fry it, add tomato sauce and cook for few minutes.
- When all is done, roll the dough in circle shape, spread pizza sauce, cheese and veggies of your choice.
- Set the pizza in pan and cook over fire for 20 or 30 minutes and serve it.
9. Campfire Nacho
What could be easier than this nacho recipe try it and enjoy it. For this dish you need a metal tong’s, heavy duty aluminum foil, a cutting board and a knife that’s all. Of course a plate and a fork for serving.
- Red potato
- Cajun seasoning
- Lime for flavor
- Chop a potato and some broccoli and keep them at side.
- Take 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil and one layer of butter paper assemble all the ingredients then season them, add butter about one tablespoon.
- Alright now fold the foil and tuck it rightly, flip the side and fold it again with second layer repeat the process, now it is ready for cooking.
- Keep it beside campfire for few minutes so that it cooks correctly, when it is done serve it with lime.
10. Turkey Barbeque
Packed with health-giving ingredients, all the nutritious vegies and meat when mixed together with sauce, butter and seasonings create such a delicious flavor and when it is properly cooked it smell so good that your heart will be tempted to eat.
- Red potatoes
- Barbeque sauce
- Salt to taste
- Ground turkey/ Ground beef
- Sour cream
- Assemble all the ingredients on butter paper roll it and again fold it in aluminum foil, take two three layers and repeat the folding process, fold it correctly.
- Now cook it beside the campfire or on coals for 5 minutes or 10 minutes till the meat tender.
- When it’s done serve it, also you can add some extra sour cream and barbeque sauce.
11. Southwestern Chicken
Southwestern chicken can be a quick grab and go appetizer or can be a full dinner. If you don’t like cooking at campsite then prepare it at home and when you arrive at camp just assemble the stuff and cook it. It will be your best ever dish for dinner, it is so pleasant that lures your heart to eat.
- Red Beans
- Boiled Rice
- Marinated chicken
- Soak the beans and corn overnight and also marinate chicken with any kind of seasoning you love.
- You can make this dish at your first camping night means when you are packing all the stuff in the morning marinate chicken and keep it in refrigerator.
- When you are packing other things soak the beans and the corns before and keep all stuff in cooler.
- At the campsite just assemble all the ingredients also season them and add some butter, fold them in butter paper and roll it again wrap them in aluminum foil repeat the folding process with three layers now cook them on campfire coals.
- Finally Serve it hot!
12. Chicken Tzatziki Skewers
Smoky chicken, vegies and zesty lemon is all time camping dish. Since all these cooks on coal, its smoke and taste makes camping adventure pleasant. All the health giving vegies when mixed with Greek yoghurt it creates a wonderful taste that all time you will want to eat this at camping.
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Springs Mint
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 1/2 Greek yoghurt
- 2 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil as required
- Garlic powder
- Chicken thigh
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chop mint leaves, garlic cloves, and cucumber and put them in yoghurt stir them well, add lemon and salt and set it at side.
- Now take a bowl and add olive oil, lemon, oregano, garlic powder and salt mix it and make a paste. Now keep it at a place.
- Prepare chicken thigh separate the meat from bones.
- Now add meat in the prepared paste, mix it well and marinate it for 30 minutes.
- Pierce the veggies with skewers and chicken too. Now grill the skewers on campfire and serve it hot with boil rice and prepared yoghurt sauce.
13. Chicken Pad Thai
Don’t miss it! Collect the ingredients quickly. This is a budget friendly recipe and perfect for family camping. It is cooked with few ingredients, it’s flavor is so good that you will lick your platter. Get all things and cook it over fire this will only take 20 minutes or less.
- 7 Ounce pad Thai noodles
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 kg Dried chicken cubes
- 1 Diced onion
- 2 Eggs
- Pad Thai 2/3 cups
- 1/2 Cup green onions
- 1/2 Cup cilantro
- 1/4 Chopped peanuts
- Boil water add noodles and cook. In a separate pot add oil, chicken, diced onion and cook on low flame.
- When the meat is completely cooked whisk the eggs and add it in the chicken and mix, after this step add the noodles.
- Now add the sauce and mix. Finally add spring onions, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- Finally Serve it!
14. Apple Crisp Recipe
This apple crisp is a perfect camping desert & it is very easy and quick recipe. When you are ahead for camping collect all stuff in bag and keep it in a gear box when you arrive at site cook it. It only takes few minutes you can keep it as a side for dinner or make it for breakfast, its taste is so yummy!
- 1.5 Dry sliced apples
- 3 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 Cup granola
- 1/4 Cup walnuts
- 1/4 Cup water
- Before you head for camping pack the apples and nuts. Take a plastic bag add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and mix it, now pack it.
- In another plastic bag put in granola and walnuts and pack it and keep it in box.
- At camping set a campfire or a cylinder, in a pan add apples and water, now boil and stir it when water dries set it aside. Add granola, walnuts and enjoy!
15. Chickpea Breakfast
This is a complete nutritious protein breakfast that will kill your craving and will boost your mood. It would be a healthy style to start your day. Also this recipe is very easy only you have to add things and cook, the dish will save your time so that you can enjoy your camping time.
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Sliced summer squash or zucchini
- 1 Sliced small red onion
- 3 Sliced mini sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) Soaked chickpeas
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 2 Eggs
- Heat the oil in a pan over a campfire or on your camp stove and shimmer it. Add the veggies and saute pan for 5 minutes so that the veggies soften.
- Take the soak chickpeas & drain it, and add the chickpeas in the pan & spices too.
- Cook it for 10 minutes so that chickpeas is cooked completely.
- In the same pan set the chickpeas and veggies aside and add little bit more oil in the middle of pan and crack 2 eggs and put them in middle.
- Finally Serve it hot.
Hi I am Jefferson, a mechanical engineer as well as camping master. I owe thousands of camping gadget, often makes my own for hiking. I have been writing on outdoor product reviews and activities with buying guide and my advice reaches 350 million of people. We encourage people to live adventurously. Read More…
Read More About: